Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- 8 Mile Road is eight miles from where?
- Sure, there were pirates in the Caribbean, but the Great Lakes had them too
- Some in Ann Arbor have "cultural" concerns about annexing Whitmore Lake
- Analyzing Sunday's debate between Governor Rick Snyder and Democratic challenger, Mark Schauer
- Has public education funding gone up or down under Gov. Snyder's watch?
Thu March 14, 2013
Fixing Detroit's financial issues: A current emergency manager gives his perspective
What is an actual emergency manager's take on Detroit's financial troubles.
Lou Schimmel has been the appointed emergency manager for Pontiac since March of 2009.
We had Schimmel speak with us on Stateside to get his view of what needs to be done to fix the city's broken finances and his suggestions for fixing Detroit.
Listen to the full interview above.