Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- No, Chinese investors aren't 'buying up Detroit' – but they do have an eye on the Motor City
- If Arizona's bill to discriminate surprises you, you won't believe what's legal in Michigan
- The average Michigan family needs $52,330 a year to 'make ends meet'
- Watch a time-lapse video of the ice forming on the Great Lakes
- What all the snow and ice will mean for Great Lakes water levels
Thu March 14, 2013
Fixing Detroit's financial issues: A current emergency manager gives his perspective
What is an actual emergency manager's take on Detroit's financial troubles.
Lou Schimmel has been the appointed emergency manager for Pontiac since March of 2009.
We had Schimmel speak with us on Stateside to get his view of what needs to be done to fix the city's broken finances and his suggestions for fixing Detroit.
Listen to the full interview above.