Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Don't like the water shut-offs in Detroit? Now you can pay someone's overdue water bill
- Proposal 1 asks Michigan voters to weigh in on a complex tax issue
- Approaching construction on the highway? Experts say the "zipper merge" can help
- These three female candidates could be some of the most interesting leaders in Michigan
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
Mon April 11, 2011
Flint - Comeback City?
An influencial business forecasting company has named Flint as one of 13 "Comeback Cities" in 2011. Kiplinger.com ranks Flint along side other American cities that weathered the economic recession that are poised to make a big comeback this year.
The health care and life sciences industries are giving long suffering Flint a shot in the arm. Diplomat Specialty Pharmacy relocated its headquarters from the suburbs to the city, using a former auto assembly site for its offices, while both the city's public health, Hurley Medical Center, and McLaren Regional Medical Center are bulking up.
Kiplinger also notes that Flint's auto industry base is also hiring. Among the other cities on Kiplinger's list are Nashville and Orlando.