Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- No, Chinese investors aren't 'buying up Detroit' – but they do have an eye on the Motor City
- The average Michigan family needs $52,330 a year to 'make ends meet'
- If Arizona's bill to discriminate surprises you, you won't believe what's legal in Michigan
- What all the snow and ice will mean for Great Lakes water levels
- Here are our 10 favorite photos of what your winter looks like
Mon April 11, 2011
Flint - Comeback City?
An influencial business forecasting company has named Flint as one of 13 "Comeback Cities" in 2011. Kiplinger.com ranks Flint along side other American cities that weathered the economic recession that are poised to make a big comeback this year.
The health care and life sciences industries are giving long suffering Flint a shot in the arm. Diplomat Specialty Pharmacy relocated its headquarters from the suburbs to the city, using a former auto assembly site for its offices, while both the city's public health, Hurley Medical Center, and McLaren Regional Medical Center are bulking up.
Kiplinger also notes that Flint's auto industry base is also hiring. Among the other cities on Kiplinger's list are Nashville and Orlando.