Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Don't like the water shut-offs in Detroit? Now you can pay someone's overdue water bill
- Approaching construction on the highway? Experts say the "zipper merge" can help
- Proposal 1 asks Michigan voters to weigh in on a complex tax issue
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
- These three female candidates could be some of the most interesting leaders in Michigan
Thu September 12, 2013
Flipping poles: what the Sun's changing polarity means for us Earthlings
It sounds like the plot of an apocalyptic Hollywood blockbuster: the poles on the Sun are flipping.
But why is this polar flip happening? And, what does changing polarity mean for us Earthlings? We talk to MLive Meteorologist Mark Torregrossa about the sun's latest flip-flop.
- Melanie Kruvelis, Michigan Radio Newsroom
Environment & Science