Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Former Detroit broadcaster was inspiration for 'Ron Burgundy'
- Muskegon is home to America's tallest, singing Christmas tree
- Pressure builds on Michigan Football as Athletic Department's budget grows
- Do you live in a 'Super ZIP?' Here are Michigan's top 5 wealthiest ZIP codes
- This is what it sounds like inside Michigan's largest wind farm
Thu September 12, 2013
Flipping poles: what the Sun's changing polarity means for us Earthlings
It sounds like the plot of an apocalyptic Hollywood blockbuster: the poles on the Sun are flipping.
But why is this polar flip happening? And, what does changing polarity mean for us Earthlings? We talk to MLive Meteorologist Mark Torregrossa about the sun's latest flip-flop.
- Melanie Kruvelis, Michigan Radio Newsroom
Environment & Science