Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- No, Chinese investors aren't 'buying up Detroit' – but they do have an eye on the Motor City
- The average Michigan family needs $52,330 a year to 'make ends meet'
- If Arizona's bill to discriminate surprises you, you won't believe what's legal in Michigan
- What all the snow and ice will mean for Great Lakes water levels
- Here are our 10 favorite photos of what your winter looks like
Thu July 7, 2011
Ford Auditorium to come down this Friday
10,000 buildings by the end of his first term in 2013
That's how many buildings Detroit Mayor Bing wants to bring down.
This Friday, the city says one of the 10,000 will be a big one - Ford Auditorium, former home of the Detroit Symphony Orchestra.
Ford Auditorium's date with the wrecking ball has been set for Friday afternoon, according to a release from the city of Detroit.
Earlier this week, workers removed the pipe organ from the 55-year-old structure with a then-undetermined demolition date. Mayor Dave Bing will make some brief remarks at 11 a.m. before demolition begins.
Here's a look inside the Auditorium from WXYZ: