Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
- What explains Michigan's large Arab American community?
- Some think their immigrant ancestors were the last that should be allowed in the U.S.
- Michigan Republican Party's tactics remind me of Watergate, because both were unnecessary
- Signed a petition to oppose Asian carp? You actually signed a petition to allow wolf hunting
Thu July 7, 2011
Ford Auditorium to come down this Friday
10,000 buildings by the end of his first term in 2013
That's how many buildings Detroit Mayor Bing wants to bring down.
This Friday, the city says one of the 10,000 will be a big one - Ford Auditorium, former home of the Detroit Symphony Orchestra.
Ford Auditorium's date with the wrecking ball has been set for Friday afternoon, according to a release from the city of Detroit.
Earlier this week, workers removed the pipe organ from the 55-year-old structure with a then-undetermined demolition date. Mayor Dave Bing will make some brief remarks at 11 a.m. before demolition begins.
Here's a look inside the Auditorium from WXYZ: