Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- An MSU physicist believes he has solved the "black hole information paradox"
- What you can do to help Michigan's bats
- "A sad day" for Michigan bats: White-nose syndrome found in 3 counties
- This is doing more damage to Detroit than a hundred drug murders could have
- Biologists expect the worst for Michigan's bat population
Thu July 7, 2011
Ford Auditorium to come down this Friday
10,000 buildings by the end of his first term in 2013
That's how many buildings Detroit Mayor Bing wants to bring down.
This Friday, the city says one of the 10,000 will be a big one - Ford Auditorium, former home of the Detroit Symphony Orchestra.
Ford Auditorium's date with the wrecking ball has been set for Friday afternoon, according to a release from the city of Detroit.
Earlier this week, workers removed the pipe organ from the 55-year-old structure with a then-undetermined demolition date. Mayor Dave Bing will make some brief remarks at 11 a.m. before demolition begins.
Here's a look inside the Auditorium from WXYZ: