Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- 8 Mile Road is eight miles from where?
- Sure, there were pirates in the Caribbean, but the Great Lakes had them too
- Some in Ann Arbor have "cultural" concerns about annexing Whitmore Lake
- Has public education funding gone up or down under Gov. Snyder's watch?
- Analyzing Sunday's debate between Governor Rick Snyder and Democratic challenger, Mark Schauer
Thu June 26, 2014
Ford CEO Mulally leaves behind big shoes for successor to fill
Alan Mulally will hand over his Ford CEO job to Mark Fields next Tuesday.
Fields has been with Ford since 1989 and the chief operating officer since 2012.
Mulally came to Ford as an auto outsider and many questioned his ability to turn the struggling company around.
Detroit News business columnist Daniel Howes was one of the doubters. Howes is now happy to say he was wrong. And Mulally has created big shoes for Fields to fill.