Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Here's how Michigan taxpayers came to own the designs for the original World Trade Center
- Revisiting the origin of the "Michigan Left"
- Students, alumni rally in support of gay teacher who says pregnancy got her fired
- What's behind Michigan Republicans' big turnaround on medical marijuana?
- Decades after a summer job up north, this man writes an insider account of Mackinac Island
Thu June 26, 2014
Ford CEO Mulally leaves behind big shoes for successor to fill
Alan Mulally will hand over his Ford CEO job to Mark Fields next Tuesday.
Fields has been with Ford since 1989 and the chief operating officer since 2012.
Mulally came to Ford as an auto outsider and many questioned his ability to turn the struggling company around.
Detroit News business columnist Daniel Howes was one of the doubters. Howes is now happy to say he was wrong. And Mulally has created big shoes for Fields to fill.