Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Take it from this "Trustafarian," these judgy maps are meant to make us laugh
- Green goo growing in Lake Erie is not what you think it is
- The new right-to-farm requirements and backyard animals
- Lawmakers vote to allow wolf hunts in UP
- Workers in Minnesota see wage gains, while workers in Michigan see steady wage losses
Thu June 26, 2014
Ford CEO Mulally leaves behind big shoes for successor to fill
Alan Mulally will hand over his Ford CEO job to Mark Fields next Tuesday.
Fields has been with Ford since 1989 and the chief operating officer since 2012.
Mulally came to Ford as an auto outsider and many questioned his ability to turn the struggling company around.
Detroit News business columnist Daniel Howes was one of the doubters. Howes is now happy to say he was wrong. And Mulally has created big shoes for Fields to fill.