Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
- What explains Michigan's large Arab American community?
- Don't like the water shut-offs in Detroit? Now you can pay someone's overdue water bill
- Some think their immigrant ancestors were the last that should be allowed in the U.S.
- Michigan Republican Party's tactics remind me of Watergate, because both were unnecessary
Thu June 26, 2014
Ford CEO Mulally leaves behind big shoes for successor to fill
Alan Mulally will hand over his Ford CEO job to Mark Fields next Tuesday.
Fields has been with Ford since 1989 and the chief operating officer since 2012.
Mulally came to Ford as an auto outsider and many questioned his ability to turn the struggling company around.
Detroit News business columnist Daniel Howes was one of the doubters. Howes is now happy to say he was wrong. And Mulally has created big shoes for Fields to fill.