Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Budget deficit forcing school officials to close Albion High School
- The top 10 high schools in Michigan (according to two magazines)
- You have to see this stunning video of Michigan's Northern Lights
- Are people in Ironwood really afraid of wolves? (part 2)
- The 15 Michigan schools running the biggest deficits
Tue September 18, 2012
Ford launches new Fusion in five cities
Ford Motor Company launched the new Fusion today - in five different cities.
The big splash highlights the importance of the car to Ford.
More people buy midsize cars in the U.S. than any other size-- and midsize cars are becoming more popular in other regions of the world, too.
Ford wants to topple the dominant player, the Toyota Camry --and says the new Fusion will make even further inroads.
Raj Nair is Ford's head of Global Product Development. He says the hybrid version of the new Fusion has pulled way ahead of the competition:
"47 miles per gallon highway," he told a crowd of Ford employees at the company's Dearborn headquarters, "47 miles per gallon combined -- that makes it the most fuel efficient midsize sedan, period."
The non-hybrid Fusion starts at $21.700, but can cost more than $34,000 depending on the powertrain and options.
Customers will be able to choose from two turbocharged engines and two standard engines.
Dealers get the car in the fall.