Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- An MSU physicist believes he has solved the "black hole information paradox"
- What you can do to help Michigan's bats
- This is doing more damage to Detroit than a hundred drug murders could have
- Biologists expect the worst for Michigan's bat population
- Join the Great Michigan Read story-writing contest
Fri October 21, 2011
Ford's credit rating gets an upgrade
NEW YORK (AP) - Standard & Poor's is raising Ford Motor Co.'s credit rating two notches, saying a new contract with auto workers will allow for continued profits at the car maker's North American operations.
S&P said Friday it was upgrading Ford to "BB+" - one level below investment-grade - from "BB-."
Ford shares are up 45 cents, or 3.9 percent, to $12.15 in late-morning trading.