Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Don't like the water shut-offs in Detroit? Now you can pay someone's overdue water bill
- Approaching construction on the highway? Experts say the "zipper merge" can help
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
- These three female candidates could be some of the most interesting leaders in Michigan
- Re-thinking creativity's role in education
Fri October 21, 2011
Ford's credit rating gets an upgrade
NEW YORK (AP) - Standard & Poor's is raising Ford Motor Co.'s credit rating two notches, saying a new contract with auto workers will allow for continued profits at the car maker's North American operations.
S&P said Friday it was upgrading Ford to "BB+" - one level below investment-grade - from "BB-."
Ford shares are up 45 cents, or 3.9 percent, to $12.15 in late-morning trading.