Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- No, Chinese investors aren't 'buying up Detroit' – but they do have an eye on the Motor City
- If Arizona's bill to discriminate surprises you, you won't believe what's legal in Michigan
- The average Michigan family needs $52,330 a year to 'make ends meet'
- Watch a time-lapse video of the ice forming on the Great Lakes
- What all the snow and ice will mean for Great Lakes water levels
Sat February 9, 2013
Former Borders headquarters in Ann Arbor sold
ANN ARBOR, Mich. (AP) - The former Ann Arbor headquarters of bookstore chain Borders Group has been sold.
The Ann Arbor office of Colliers International tells The Detroit News that the buyer requested a confidentiality agreement, so no name was publicly disclosed. Colliers International is handling the sale.
The 330,000-square-foot headquarters was listed last year for $6.9 million.
Borders fell victim to increasing competition from online retailers, discounters and e-books and filed for bankruptcy protection in 2011. It later liquidated its assets and closed stores across the country.
Borders opened its first store in 1971 in Ann Arbor.