Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Don't like the water shut-offs in Detroit? Now you can pay someone's overdue water bill
- Approaching construction on the highway? Experts say the "zipper merge" can help
- These three female candidates could be some of the most interesting leaders in Michigan
- Those who want to outlaw publications over sexually explicit ads should study Constitution first
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
Sat February 9, 2013
Former Borders headquarters in Ann Arbor sold
ANN ARBOR, Mich. (AP) - The former Ann Arbor headquarters of bookstore chain Borders Group has been sold.
The Ann Arbor office of Colliers International tells The Detroit News that the buyer requested a confidentiality agreement, so no name was publicly disclosed. Colliers International is handling the sale.
The 330,000-square-foot headquarters was listed last year for $6.9 million.
Borders fell victim to increasing competition from online retailers, discounters and e-books and filed for bankruptcy protection in 2011. It later liquidated its assets and closed stores across the country.
Borders opened its first store in 1971 in Ann Arbor.