Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Former Detroit broadcaster was inspiration for 'Ron Burgundy'
- Pressure builds on Michigan Football as Athletic Department's budget grows
- Muskegon is home to America's tallest, singing Christmas tree
- Why this 20 year old is getting a mastectomy, and why she's not alone
- Tribal sovereignty at issue in US Supreme Court case out of Michigan
Sat February 9, 2013
Former Borders headquarters in Ann Arbor sold
ANN ARBOR, Mich. (AP) - The former Ann Arbor headquarters of bookstore chain Borders Group has been sold.
The Ann Arbor office of Colliers International tells The Detroit News that the buyer requested a confidentiality agreement, so no name was publicly disclosed. Colliers International is handling the sale.
The 330,000-square-foot headquarters was listed last year for $6.9 million.
Borders fell victim to increasing competition from online retailers, discounters and e-books and filed for bankruptcy protection in 2011. It later liquidated its assets and closed stores across the country.
Borders opened its first store in 1971 in Ann Arbor.