Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- There's a tick boom in Michigan - Here are 5 things you should know
- Students aren’t leaving Michigan football - Michigan football is leaving them
- The 6 most dangerous neighborhoods in Michigan
- The 15 Michigan schools running the biggest deficits
- You need to see these photos of the pet coke piles in Detroit
Wed April 6, 2011
Former Detroit Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick moving to new prison
Former Detroit Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick will soon be moving to a state prison cell.
A federal judge today approved Kilpatrick's request to be transferred from a federal lockup in Milan, Michigan. The Associated Press reports Kilpatrick was transferred to a facility in Jackson after today's hearing.
He's locked up for violating probation in a criminal case that forced him out of city hall in 2008. Kilpatrick has been housed at Milan to be close to his Detroit-area attorneys as he prepares for trial on federal corruption charges.
But he needs to return to state prison in order to be considered for parole in July. Kilpatrick was in a good mood in court, even joking with TV reporters about the favorite newscast among inmates at Milan.