Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- This Michigan-bred musician nails 29 celebrity impressions in one song
- Charter school supporters’ response to investigations is "Soviet" in style
- Protests Monday night against migrant children coming to Michigan
- This Michigan-bred musician did zero out of 29 celebrity impressions. I was punked.
- Study finds that an oil spill under Mackinac Straits would be “deathblow” to Northern Michigan
Sun December 23, 2012
Former Steelcase Executive and Philanthropist Robert Pew Dies
A longtime leader of Grand Rapids furniture maker Steelcase died over the weekend.
Robert Pew died Saturday in Florida. He was 89.
Pew was Steelcase’s chairman of the board for 25 years, from the mid 1970’s until 1999, when he became chairman emeritus.
During Pew’s tenure at the top of Steelcase’s management, the company became one of the world’s largest makers of office furniture.
As a philanthropist, Robert Pew has given millions of dollars for public education. He also played a pivotal role in the establishment of Grand Valley State University.