Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- No, Chinese investors aren't 'buying up Detroit' – but they do have an eye on the Motor City
- The average Michigan family needs $52,330 a year to 'make ends meet'
- Here are our 10 favorite photos of what your winter looks like
- Michigan's Attorney General is risking his political future over the gay marriage case
- Bill to pull the plug on telephone landlines clears Michigan Legislature
Sun December 23, 2012
Former Steelcase Executive and Philanthropist Robert Pew Dies
A longtime leader of Grand Rapids furniture maker Steelcase died over the weekend.
Robert Pew died Saturday in Florida. He was 89.
Pew was Steelcase’s chairman of the board for 25 years, from the mid 1970’s until 1999, when he became chairman emeritus.
During Pew’s tenure at the top of Steelcase’s management, the company became one of the world’s largest makers of office furniture.
As a philanthropist, Robert Pew has given millions of dollars for public education. He also played a pivotal role in the establishment of Grand Valley State University.