Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Awkward: UAW official praises Democratic candidate for governor while the GOP incumbent listens
- If its name is any indication, this winter storm headed for Michigan could be really fierce
- Michigan Republican party fails to address Dave Agema's bigotry and hatred
- Ypsilanti family finds happiness in living off the land
- Michigan's student homelessness problem is growing
Sun December 23, 2012
Former Steelcase Executive and Philanthropist Robert Pew Dies
A longtime leader of Grand Rapids furniture maker Steelcase died over the weekend.
Robert Pew died Saturday in Florida. He was 89.
Pew was Steelcase’s chairman of the board for 25 years, from the mid 1970’s until 1999, when he became chairman emeritus.
During Pew’s tenure at the top of Steelcase’s management, the company became one of the world’s largest makers of office furniture.
As a philanthropist, Robert Pew has given millions of dollars for public education. He also played a pivotal role in the establishment of Grand Valley State University.