Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Don't like the water shut-offs in Detroit? Now you can pay someone's overdue water bill
- Approaching construction on the highway? Experts say the "zipper merge" can help
- Those who want to outlaw publications over sexually explicit ads should study Constitution first
- Living off the grid can be illegal
- These three female candidates could be some of the most interesting leaders in Michigan
Fri March 18, 2011
Four Loko for sale again in Michigan
Michigan residents can once again buy flavored malt beverages like Four Loko. The caffeine infused alcoholic drink was banned by many states and by the Food and Drug Administration last year. Caffeine can make it difficult for consumers to realize just how much alcohol they’ve consumed.
Julie Wendt is with the Michigan Liquor Control Commission. She says the commission lifted the ban in Michigan because the company reformulated the product and took out the caffeine:
“We feel that, with the reformulated products that have removed the stimulants, that will be a great positive influence on health, safety, and welfare.”
Wendt said some Michigan stores may already be carrying the reformulated product.
-Bridget Bodnar, Michigan Radio Newsroom