Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- No, Chinese investors aren't 'buying up Detroit' – but they do have an eye on the Motor City
- The average Michigan family needs $52,330 a year to 'make ends meet'
- Here are our 10 favorite photos of what your winter looks like
- What all the snow and ice will mean for Great Lakes water levels
- Michigan's Attorney General is risking his political future over the gay marriage case
Fri March 18, 2011
Four Loko for sale again in Michigan
Michigan residents can once again buy flavored malt beverages like Four Loko. The caffeine infused alcoholic drink was banned by many states and by the Food and Drug Administration last year. Caffeine can make it difficult for consumers to realize just how much alcohol they’ve consumed.
Julie Wendt is with the Michigan Liquor Control Commission. She says the commission lifted the ban in Michigan because the company reformulated the product and took out the caffeine:
“We feel that, with the reformulated products that have removed the stimulants, that will be a great positive influence on health, safety, and welfare.”
Wendt said some Michigan stores may already be carrying the reformulated product.
-Bridget Bodnar, Michigan Radio Newsroom