Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Here's how Michigan taxpayers came to own the designs for the original World Trade Center
- Students, alumni rally in support of gay teacher who says pregnancy got her fired
- Revisiting the origin of the "Michigan Left"
- What's behind Michigan Republicans' big turnaround on medical marijuana?
- Decades after a summer job up north, this man writes an insider account of Mackinac Island
Fri March 18, 2011
Four Loko for sale again in Michigan
Michigan residents can once again buy flavored malt beverages like Four Loko. The caffeine infused alcoholic drink was banned by many states and by the Food and Drug Administration last year. Caffeine can make it difficult for consumers to realize just how much alcohol they’ve consumed.
Julie Wendt is with the Michigan Liquor Control Commission. She says the commission lifted the ban in Michigan because the company reformulated the product and took out the caffeine:
“We feel that, with the reformulated products that have removed the stimulants, that will be a great positive influence on health, safety, and welfare.”
Wendt said some Michigan stores may already be carrying the reformulated product.
-Bridget Bodnar, Michigan Radio Newsroom