Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- An MSU physicist believes he has solved the "black hole information paradox"
- What you can do to help Michigan's bats
- This is doing more damage to Detroit than a hundred drug murders could have
- Biologists expect the worst for Michigan's bat population
- Join the Great Michigan Read story-writing contest
Tue June 28, 2011
Fourteen private colleges getting ready for fall campaign
Fourteen Michigan colleges and universities are getting ready for a fall campaign to encourage college students to stay in Michigan after graduation. This campaign, which includes private schools like Calvin College and Marygrove College, stems from research that showed students’ negative perceptions of Michigan.
Bob Bartlett is President of the Michigan Colleges Foundation. Bartlett says it will take some effort to change the perceptions of students.
It’s going to involve campus communication, social media, and events in these cities themselves - what they call place based strategies.
Bartlett says the key to keeping students in Michigan is to get them talking to their peers about what Michigan has to offer.