Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- There's a tick boom in Michigan - Here are 5 things you should know
- Students aren’t leaving Michigan football - Michigan football is leaving them
- The 6 most dangerous neighborhoods in Michigan
- The 15 Michigan schools running the biggest deficits
- You need to see these photos of the pet coke piles in Detroit
Tue June 28, 2011
Fourteen private colleges getting ready for fall campaign
Fourteen Michigan colleges and universities are getting ready for a fall campaign to encourage college students to stay in Michigan after graduation. This campaign, which includes private schools like Calvin College and Marygrove College, stems from research that showed students’ negative perceptions of Michigan.
Bob Bartlett is President of the Michigan Colleges Foundation. Bartlett says it will take some effort to change the perceptions of students.
It’s going to involve campus communication, social media, and events in these cities themselves - what they call place based strategies.
Bartlett says the key to keeping students in Michigan is to get them talking to their peers about what Michigan has to offer.