Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- No, Chinese investors aren't 'buying up Detroit' – but they do have an eye on the Motor City
- The average Michigan family needs $52,330 a year to 'make ends meet'
- Here are our 10 favorite photos of what your winter looks like
- Michigan's Attorney General is risking his political future over the gay marriage case
- What all the snow and ice will mean for Great Lakes water levels
Environment & Science
Fri April 12, 2013
Fracktopia: A Town Hall Meeting on the Future of Fracking
Michigan Radio's Lester Graham will moderate a town hall meeting on the future of fracking in Michigan on Tuesday, April 16 at 7PM. The event will be held at the Blau Auditorium at the UM Ross School of Business, and is presented by Michigan Radio and the University of Michigan College of Engineering.
This live event will feature a screening of Fracktopia, a documentary about the latest techniques to recover natural gas and oil and their potential consequences. Graham will lead a discussion with a panel of experts, members of the town hall audience, as well as taking questions via Twitter (#fracktopia).
This event is free and open to the public.
Panelists will include...
- Assistant Prof. Brian Ellis, Michigan Engineering Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Bill Stelzer, geological consultant, Stelzer Consulting
- Hugh McDiarmid, Jr., Michigan Environmental Council
- Bill Mitchell, Michigan Dept. of Environmental Quality
More details are available here.