Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
- Don't like the water shut-offs in Detroit? Now you can pay someone's overdue water bill
- Approaching construction on the highway? Experts say the "zipper merge" can help
- Some think their immigrant ancestors were the last that should be allowed in the U.S.
- Michigan Republican Party's tactics remind me of Watergate, because both were unnecessary
Environment & Science
Fri April 12, 2013
Fracktopia: A Town Hall Meeting on the Future of Fracking
Michigan Radio's Lester Graham will moderate a town hall meeting on the future of fracking in Michigan on Tuesday, April 16 at 7PM. The event will be held at the Blau Auditorium at the UM Ross School of Business, and is presented by Michigan Radio and the University of Michigan College of Engineering.
This live event will feature a screening of Fracktopia, a documentary about the latest techniques to recover natural gas and oil and their potential consequences. Graham will lead a discussion with a panel of experts, members of the town hall audience, as well as taking questions via Twitter (#fracktopia).
This event is free and open to the public.
Panelists will include...
- Assistant Prof. Brian Ellis, Michigan Engineering Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Bill Stelzer, geological consultant, Stelzer Consulting
- Hugh McDiarmid, Jr., Michigan Environmental Council
- Bill Mitchell, Michigan Dept. of Environmental Quality
More details are available here.