Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- There's a tick boom in Michigan - Here are 5 things you should know
- Students aren’t leaving Michigan football - Michigan football is leaving them
- The 6 most dangerous neighborhoods in Michigan
- The 15 Michigan schools running the biggest deficits
- You need to see these photos of the pet coke piles in Detroit
Tue September 6, 2011
The future of manufacturing, all this month, from Changing Gears
What’s different about our factories? How are things changing in the Midwest, from the way people are trained to what’s being produced?
This month, Changing Gears’ regular Wednesday reports will be devoted to the future of manufacturing.
The days are long gone when all you had to do to get a factory job was know someone. These are not the same places your dad or mom or grandfather worked in. And the expectations of what employers need from you have changed, as well.
We’ll kick the series off tomorrow with a report from Dan Bobkoff. Meanwhile, we’d like to pick your brain.
We’re looking forward to exploring our manufacturing future with you.