Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- An MSU physicist believes he has solved the "black hole information paradox"
- What you can do to help Michigan's bats
- "A sad day" for Michigan bats: White-nose syndrome found in 3 counties
- This is doing more damage to Detroit than a hundred drug murders could have
- Biologists expect the worst for Michigan's bat population
Tue September 6, 2011
The future of manufacturing, all this month, from Changing Gears
What’s different about our factories? How are things changing in the Midwest, from the way people are trained to what’s being produced?
This month, Changing Gears’ regular Wednesday reports will be devoted to the future of manufacturing.
The days are long gone when all you had to do to get a factory job was know someone. These are not the same places your dad or mom or grandfather worked in. And the expectations of what employers need from you have changed, as well.
We’ll kick the series off tomorrow with a report from Dan Bobkoff. Meanwhile, we’d like to pick your brain.
We’re looking forward to exploring our manufacturing future with you.