Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- An MSU physicist believes he has solved the "black hole information paradox"
- "A sad day" for Michigan bats: White-nose syndrome found in 3 counties
- This is doing more damage to Detroit than a hundred drug murders could have
- Biologists expect the worst for Michigan's bat population
- Power shift at Kendall College causing a stir
Mon April 23, 2012
Gasoline prices falling in Michigan
Michigan gasoline prices are falling. Prices are down about ten cents a gallon in the past week and are actually 16 cents lower than a year ago.
Patrick DeHaan is an analyst with GasBuddy.com. He predicts prices will stay below four dollars a gallon through Memorial Day.
"Because of demand being down so considerably year over year I think that's not as much of a story," says DeHaan, "I think that's why gas prices fell short of where?many analysts would have thought they would have risen to this year."
DeHaan says gasoline prices may spike up if there are significant problems at U.S. refineries or other threats from overseas.