Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- "A sad day" for Michigan bats: White-nose syndrome found in 3 counties
- This is doing more damage to Detroit than a hundred drug murders could have
- Power shift at Kendall College causing a stir
- This is what it sounds like when a neighborhood church closes
- Yo Yo Ma playing with Detroit kids might make your heart melt
Mon April 23, 2012
Gasoline prices falling in Michigan
Michigan gasoline prices are falling. Prices are down about ten cents a gallon in the past week and are actually 16 cents lower than a year ago.
Patrick DeHaan is an analyst with GasBuddy.com. He predicts prices will stay below four dollars a gallon through Memorial Day.
"Because of demand being down so considerably year over year I think that's not as much of a story," says DeHaan, "I think that's why gas prices fell short of where?many analysts would have thought they would have risen to this year."
DeHaan says gasoline prices may spike up if there are significant problems at U.S. refineries or other threats from overseas.