Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- An MSU physicist believes he has solved the "black hole information paradox"
- What you can do to help Michigan's bats
- This is doing more damage to Detroit than a hundred drug murders could have
- Biologists expect the worst for Michigan's bat population
- Join the Great Michigan Read story-writing contest
Fri December 6, 2013
General Motors to sponsor Flint's 'Back to the Bricks' and other related car shows
General Motors is heading back to its roots.
The automaker announced today that it will sponsor Flint’s “Back to the Bricks” car show for the next five years. The show features hundreds of ‘classic’ cars and trucks.
“This is an event that is more than just a car cruise and a car show,” says GM spokesman Tom Wickham, “It brings people into a community…provides an economic boost to a community and we need an economic boost.”
About a half million people attended Back to the Bricks in Flint this year.
GM is also sponsoring similar events in Lansing, Jackson and a few cities in Indiana in June.