Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- "A sad day" for Michigan bats: White-nose syndrome found in 3 counties
- This is doing more damage to Detroit than a hundred drug murders could have
- Power shift at Kendall College causing a stir
- Biologists expect the worst for Michigan's bat population
- This is what it sounds like when a neighborhood church closes
Tue April 9, 2013
GM begins 2014 Impala production in Detroit and Canada
It has been one of the best selling cars of all time.
Since its inception in 1958, GM has sold more than 14 million Impalas (putting it in tenth place on 'best selling cars of all-time' lists).
It looked like this back then:
Today, the tenth version of the Impala is being made at GM's Detroit-Hamtramck Assembly plant, and at the Oshawa Assembly plant in Canada.
Here's a photo of the new Impala rolling down the Oshawa assembly line:
Production on the assembly line in Canada started last week. Production on the Detroit-Hamtramck assembly line started today.
More from MLive:
The Detroit-based automaker Monday announced the start of production at the 3.6 million-square-foot plant for the 2014 Chevrolet Impala.
The sedan will be offered in LS, LT and LTZ models, and three direct-injected engines: a 3.6-liter V6, new 2.5-iter four-cylinder and a 2.4-liter four-cylinder with eAssist,
The Detroit-Hamtramck facility is building the 2.5-liter four-cylinder model and the V6 model.