Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Don't like the water shut-offs in Detroit? Now you can pay someone's overdue water bill
- Approaching construction on the highway? Experts say the "zipper merge" can help
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
- These three female candidates could be some of the most interesting leaders in Michigan
- Those who want to outlaw publications over sexually explicit ads should study Constitution first
Mon July 18, 2011
GM to invest $328 Million in Flint Assembly Plant
General Motors will invest $328 million in its Flint Assembly Plant, to prepare the facility to build the next generation of Chevy and GMC full-size pickup trucks.
The plant just added a third shift earlier this year.
Joe Ashton is the UAW's GM Vice President.
He says the profitable trucks made at the Flint Assembly Plant are an important source of revenue for GM.
The UAW heads into contract negotiations next week with Ford, Chrysler and GM.
Ashton says workers want a lot of different things from their new contract.
But he says the majority of workers want to know their jobs are secure, after experiencing a near-meltdown of the domestic auto industry in 2008 and 2009.