Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- "A sad day" for Michigan bats: White-nose syndrome found in 3 counties
- This is doing more damage to Detroit than a hundred drug murders could have
- Power shift at Kendall College causing a stir
- This is what it sounds like when a neighborhood church closes
- Yo Yo Ma playing with Detroit kids might make your heart melt
Mon July 18, 2011
GM to invest $328 Million in Flint Assembly Plant
General Motors will invest $328 million in its Flint Assembly Plant, to prepare the facility to build the next generation of Chevy and GMC full-size pickup trucks.
The plant just added a third shift earlier this year.
Joe Ashton is the UAW's GM Vice President.
He says the profitable trucks made at the Flint Assembly Plant are an important source of revenue for GM.
The UAW heads into contract negotiations next week with Ford, Chrysler and GM.
Ashton says workers want a lot of different things from their new contract.
But he says the majority of workers want to know their jobs are secure, after experiencing a near-meltdown of the domestic auto industry in 2008 and 2009.