Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Former Detroit broadcaster was inspiration for 'Ron Burgundy'
- Pressure builds on Michigan Football as Athletic Department's budget grows
- Muskegon is home to America's tallest, singing Christmas tree
- Do you live in a 'Super ZIP?' Here are Michigan's top 5 wealthiest ZIP codes
- Tribal sovereignty at issue in US Supreme Court case out of Michigan
Mon July 18, 2011
GM to invest $328 Million in Flint Assembly Plant
General Motors will invest $328 million in its Flint Assembly Plant, to prepare the facility to build the next generation of Chevy and GMC full-size pickup trucks.
The plant just added a third shift earlier this year.
Joe Ashton is the UAW's GM Vice President.
He says the profitable trucks made at the Flint Assembly Plant are an important source of revenue for GM.
The UAW heads into contract negotiations next week with Ford, Chrysler and GM.
Ashton says workers want a lot of different things from their new contract.
But he says the majority of workers want to know their jobs are secure, after experiencing a near-meltdown of the domestic auto industry in 2008 and 2009.