Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- There's a tick boom in Michigan - Here are 5 things you should know
- Students aren’t leaving Michigan football - Michigan football is leaving them
- The 6 most dangerous neighborhoods in Michigan
- The 15 Michigan schools running the biggest deficits
- You need to see these photos of the pet coke piles in Detroit
Thu March 14, 2013
GM looking to expand its Lansing Grand River plant
General Motors is considering spending nearly $40 million to expand its Lansing Grand River plant.
On Monday, the Lansing city council will consider granting tax abatements to GM.
The abatements are tied to the automaker’s plan to spend $38 million to expand its Lansing Grand River plant. The expansion would add about 150 jobs.
GM already makes its Cadillac ATS at the plant. The ATS recently won the North American Car of the year award at the North American International Auto Show.
Production of the next generation Camaro is being moved to the Lansing plant as well, though there’s no timetable on when the Camaro production would begin.