Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Take it from this "Trustafarian," these judgy maps are meant to make us laugh
- Green goo growing in Lake Erie is not what you think it is
- The new right-to-farm requirements and backyard animals
- Lawmakers vote to allow wolf hunts in UP
- Workers in Minnesota see wage gains, while workers in Michigan see steady wage losses
Sun March 9, 2014
GM plans to expand in Lansing
General Motors plans to spend $162-million to expand its Lansing Grand River Assembly plant.
The plant produces the Cadillac ATS and CTS.
Monday night the Lansing city council will consider calling public hearings on a set of tax incentives for the expansion.
“It’s a welcome addition,” says Bob Trezise, the president of the Lansing Economic Area Partnership, “It really continues to consolidate the future of auto making, high end car making in the Lansing region and in the state of Michigan.”
The new stamping plant will employ more than 60 people after it’s built.