Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- No, Chinese investors aren't 'buying up Detroit' – but they do have an eye on the Motor City
- The average Michigan family needs $52,330 a year to 'make ends meet'
- If Arizona's bill to discriminate surprises you, you won't believe what's legal in Michigan
- What all the snow and ice will mean for Great Lakes water levels
- Here are our 10 favorite photos of what your winter looks like
Fri August 16, 2013
GM recalls 292,879 Chevy Cruzes for braking issue
GM will recall 292,879 Chevy Cruze cars from the 2011 and 2012 model years for a potential intermittent loss of partial braking power.
GM says it's aware of 27 low-speed crashes, some of which could be linked to the problem, but no injuries.
The automaker says in rare instances, a driver might have to apply extra force to the brake to get the car to stop.
The recall is for Cruze cars equipped with the 1.4 liter gasoline turbo engine and automatic transmission.
Dealers will remove and replace a microswitch in the power brake vacuum pipe assembly.