Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Revisiting the origin of the "Michigan Left"
- Here are 10 West Michigan trails to explore this fall
- Does the UAW's victory in Indiana signal the end of the two-tier wage system?
- Governor Snyder is fighting a losing game in Aramark scandal
- Here's how Michigan taxpayers came to own the designs for the original World Trade Center
Tue July 29, 2014
GM recalls bring in revenue for dealerships
We’ve all heard about one recall after another from General Motors. But what does that mean for the dealer? Lester Graham stopped by Victory Chevrolet Buick in Milan and talked to salesperson Sean Johnson about the recalls.
“It’s a lot more business in the service end of it,” Johnson said. “Negative wise, I think people are kind of scared to buy a GM product.”
However, people are still buying cars. Johnson added that while service calls are bringing in a lot of revenue for the dealership, the recalls are getting people into the showroom.
“We have people specifically coming in for Cruzes, for Malibus, for Equinoxes; I mean these are the cars that people are buying,” Johnson said.
*Listen to the full interview with Sean Johnson above.