Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- 8 Mile Road is eight miles from where?
- Sure, there were pirates in the Caribbean, but the Great Lakes had them too
- Some in Ann Arbor have "cultural" concerns about annexing Whitmore Lake
- Analyzing Sunday's debate between Governor Rick Snyder and Democratic challenger, Mark Schauer
- Has public education funding gone up or down under Gov. Snyder's watch?
Tue July 29, 2014
GM recalls bring in revenue for dealerships
We’ve all heard about one recall after another from General Motors. But what does that mean for the dealer? Lester Graham stopped by Victory Chevrolet Buick in Milan and talked to salesperson Sean Johnson about the recalls.
“It’s a lot more business in the service end of it,” Johnson said. “Negative wise, I think people are kind of scared to buy a GM product.”
However, people are still buying cars. Johnson added that while service calls are bringing in a lot of revenue for the dealership, the recalls are getting people into the showroom.
“We have people specifically coming in for Cruzes, for Malibus, for Equinoxes; I mean these are the cars that people are buying,” Johnson said.
*Listen to the full interview with Sean Johnson above.