Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
- Don't like the water shut-offs in Detroit? Now you can pay someone's overdue water bill
- Approaching construction on the highway? Experts say the "zipper merge" can help
- Some think their immigrant ancestors were the last that should be allowed in the U.S.
- Michigan Republican Party's tactics remind me of Watergate, because both were unnecessary
Tue January 15, 2013
GM unveils "Voltillac" at Detroit auto show
Cadillac is hoping to make waves in the electric car market with its new Cadillac ELR.
The car is described as a “luxury sport coupe” powered by the same technology as the Chevrolet Volt.
That’s an electric vehicle with a small gas engine for extended range back-up.
Cadillac spokesman David Caldwell says the car is a “first of its kind”: a primarily electric luxury vehicle.
“So we think this is perfectly well-suited for us," Caldwell said. "But more importantly, an interesting new offer for luxury consumers who are interested in the latest technology.”
Cadillac officials say production of the ELR will be limited.
Production is slated to start next year.