Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- An MSU physicist believes he has solved the "black hole information paradox"
- What you can do to help Michigan's bats
- This is doing more damage to Detroit than a hundred drug murders could have
- Biologists expect the worst for Michigan's bat population
- Join the Great Michigan Read story-writing contest
Tue January 15, 2013
GM unveils "Voltillac" at Detroit auto show
Cadillac is hoping to make waves in the electric car market with its new Cadillac ELR.
The car is described as a “luxury sport coupe” powered by the same technology as the Chevrolet Volt.
That’s an electric vehicle with a small gas engine for extended range back-up.
Cadillac spokesman David Caldwell says the car is a “first of its kind”: a primarily electric luxury vehicle.
“So we think this is perfectly well-suited for us," Caldwell said. "But more importantly, an interesting new offer for luxury consumers who are interested in the latest technology.”
Cadillac officials say production of the ELR will be limited.
Production is slated to start next year.