Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Don't like the water shut-offs in Detroit? Now you can pay someone's overdue water bill
- Approaching construction on the highway? Experts say the "zipper merge" can help
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
- These three female candidates could be some of the most interesting leaders in Michigan
- Those who want to outlaw publications over sexually explicit ads should study Constitution first
Wed April 3, 2013
Going "full tilt" at the Michigan Pinball Expo
The Who's "Pinball Wizard" was an anthem for the baby boom generation who grew up going to arcades where dozens of pinball machines would be lined up.
But, in these days of Xbox and PlayStation 2 there are still young Pinball Wizards.
The Michigan Pinball Expo is coming to Oakland University this week. The expo is a family friendly event which hosts over 125 pinball machines over 15,000 square feet of space. Here's the catch: all of the machines are free to play, so no quarters are required.
The expo is also host to pinball tournaments which are open to a wide range of skill and age levels.
John Kosmal is the organizer of the Michigan Pinball Expo and a well known "Pinball Wizard."
He has been playing pinball since the age of 9 and was second at the Pinball World Championship in 2007. To add to this list of pinball accomplishments, he is married to a fellow pinball enthusiast.
Today we got to speak with Kosmal and he tells us what sparked his interest in pinball and the action that can be seen at this year's pinball expo.
The Michigan Pinball Expo runs from April 4th to the 7th at Oakland University. You can get details at their website mipinball.org.
To listen to the full audio, click the link above.