Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Charter school supporters’ response to investigations is "Soviet" in style
- What explains Michigan's large Arab American community?
- Protests Monday night against migrant children coming to Michigan
- This Michigan-bred musician did zero out of 29 celebrity impressions. I was punked.
- Study finds that an oil spill under Mackinac Straits would be “deathblow” to Northern Michigan
Mon November 5, 2012
Going undercover in a Detroit Walmart
For Seeking Change, Christina Shockley spoke with Tracie McMillan. She is a journalist who went undercover to find out why we eat the way we do in America, and what it would take for everyone to eat well in this country.
To learn more about the food industry, she lived and worked in three different communities across the country, including Detroit.
She wrote about her experiences in her book, "The American Way of Eating: Undercover at Walmart, Applebee's, Farm Fields and the Dinner Table."
She says we need to ensure that quality, healthy foods are available in all neighborhoods.