Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- No, Chinese investors aren't 'buying up Detroit' – but they do have an eye on the Motor City
- The average Michigan family needs $52,330 a year to 'make ends meet'
- Here are our 10 favorite photos of what your winter looks like
- Michigan's Attorney General is risking his political future over the gay marriage case
- Join Michigan Radio for Issues & Ale: Closing the digital divide in education
Sat May 7, 2011
Gone Fishin'? Some walleye worth $100
If you catch a special kind of walleye, the Michigan Department of Natural Resources will pay you $100.
The MDNR implanted 400 walleyes with microchips in lakes Huron and Erie so they could track fish. The walleyes also sport an orange tag attached to a back fin.
If you catch one of the fish, contact the DNR during business hours.
And if you plan to have it for dinner? Don't eat the microchip.