Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
- What explains Michigan's large Arab American community?
- Some think their immigrant ancestors were the last that should be allowed in the U.S.
- Michigan Republican Party's tactics remind me of Watergate, because both were unnecessary
- Signed a petition to oppose Asian carp? You actually signed a petition to allow wolf hunting
Sat May 7, 2011
Gone Fishin'? Some walleye worth $100
If you catch a special kind of walleye, the Michigan Department of Natural Resources will pay you $100.
The MDNR implanted 400 walleyes with microchips in lakes Huron and Erie so they could track fish. The walleyes also sport an orange tag attached to a back fin.
If you catch one of the fish, contact the DNR during business hours.
And if you plan to have it for dinner? Don't eat the microchip.