Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- An MSU physicist believes he has solved the "black hole information paradox"
- "A sad day" for Michigan bats: White-nose syndrome found in 3 counties
- What you can do to help Michigan's bats
- This is doing more damage to Detroit than a hundred drug murders could have
- Biologists expect the worst for Michigan's bat population
Sat May 7, 2011
Gone Fishin'? Some walleye worth $100
If you catch a special kind of walleye, the Michigan Department of Natural Resources will pay you $100.
The MDNR implanted 400 walleyes with microchips in lakes Huron and Erie so they could track fish. The walleyes also sport an orange tag attached to a back fin.
If you catch one of the fish, contact the DNR during business hours.
And if you plan to have it for dinner? Don't eat the microchip.