Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Don't like the water shut-offs in Detroit? Now you can pay someone's overdue water bill
- Approaching construction on the highway? Experts say the "zipper merge" can help
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
- These three female candidates could be some of the most interesting leaders in Michigan
- Re-thinking creativity's role in education
Sat May 7, 2011
Gone Fishin'? Some walleye worth $100
If you catch a special kind of walleye, the Michigan Department of Natural Resources will pay you $100.
The MDNR implanted 400 walleyes with microchips in lakes Huron and Erie so they could track fish. The walleyes also sport an orange tag attached to a back fin.
If you catch one of the fish, contact the DNR during business hours.
And if you plan to have it for dinner? Don't eat the microchip.