Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- An MSU physicist believes he has solved the "black hole information paradox"
- What you can do to help Michigan's bats
- "A sad day" for Michigan bats: White-nose syndrome found in 3 counties
- This is doing more damage to Detroit than a hundred drug murders could have
- Biologists expect the worst for Michigan's bat population
Politics & Government
Sat September 7, 2013
Gov. Snyder meets with business leaders in China
LANSING, Mich. (AP) - Governor Rick Snyder is trying to convince business leaders in China to take more chances on Michigan.
Snyder's office says he met Friday with executives from the Chinese parent company of Menominee-based Enstrom Helicopters and government officials in Chongqing.
He says Michigan offers tremendous opportunities for companies outside the United States to make foreign investment and expand globally.
Snyder left Michigan Wednesday on the 10-day mission to China and Japan. It's his third trade trip to Asia.
He is expected to attend several private meetings this weekend with Chinese companies before heading to Tokyo for the 2013 Midwest U.S.-Japan Association Conference.
He also met Friday with Chongqing Mayor Huang Qifan. A memorandum of understanding was signed between Michigan and Chongqing pledging to continue exchanges and explore expanded relationships.