Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Take it from this "Trustafarian," these judgy maps are meant to make us laugh
- The new right-to-farm requirements and backyard animals
- Green goo growing in Lake Erie is not what you think it is
- Lawmakers vote to allow wolf hunts in UP
- Host A Prairie Home Companion 40th Anniversary Listening/Viewing Party
Fri April 8, 2011
Gov. Snyder says effect of potential federal government shutdown unclear
Governor Rick Snyder says he is not sure how or if state government would be affected by a potential temporary shutdown of the federal government.
Leaders in Congress are still working with President Obama on a budget solution, with a deadline of this evening.
Governor Snyder says information is still rolling into his office about the potential effects on the state.
“We’re still assessing all those pieces. We believe at the state level hopefully we’ll be able to continue in a fairly seamless way. But the federal government is still providing all those informations . So at this point I can’t tell you of seeing particular problems, but it’s something we’ll just have to keep people up to date on as information comes out.”
Snyder says there is no evidence that people would lose benefits or miss scheduled payments from the state.