Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
- What explains Michigan's large Arab American community?
- Some think their immigrant ancestors were the last that should be allowed in the U.S.
- Michigan Republican Party's tactics remind me of Watergate, because both were unnecessary
- Michigan's campaign for governor gets weird as Republicans deploy spyglasses
Environment & Science
Sat February 8, 2014
Gov. Snyder talks about economy, bridge and pandas (?)
DETROIT (AP) - Panda bears at the Detroit Zoo?
Michigan Gov. Rick Snyder tells business leaders that he'd like to see it happen, although he acknowledged Friday that the bears are expensive and hard to obtain. He's been interested since traveling to China on trade missions.
The Detroit News says Snyder repeated many points from his State of the State address during an appearance at the Detroit Regional Chamber. He also repeated his criticism of the federal government for its failure so far to agree to a U.S. Customs plaza at a new bridge linking Detroit and Canada.
Snyder's speech prevented him from attending President Barack Obama's appearance in East Lansing where Obama signed a new law authorizing farm and food stamp programs. Snyder instead sent his agriculture director.
Politics & Government