Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
- Don't like the water shut-offs in Detroit? Now you can pay someone's overdue water bill
- What explains Michigan's large Arab American community?
- Some think their immigrant ancestors were the last that should be allowed in the U.S.
- Michigan Republican Party's tactics remind me of Watergate, because both were unnecessary
Politics & Government
Thu January 30, 2014
Gov. Snyder will formally launch his reelection campaign next week
Governor Rick Snyder will formally launch his reelection bid Sunday with a Super Bowl TV ad, followed by a six-stop announcement tour on Monday and Tuesday of next week.
The announcement is no surprise.
The Republican governor has made clear for quite some time his intentions to seek a second four-year term.
The governor could make some mention of his plans Friday afternoon when he addresses the Michigan Press Association.
His likely Democratic opponent on the November ballot is former congressman Mark Schauer.