Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- No, Chinese investors aren't 'buying up Detroit' – but they do have an eye on the Motor City
- The average Michigan family needs $52,330 a year to 'make ends meet'
- Here are our 10 favorite photos of what your winter looks like
- Michigan's Attorney General is risking his political future over the gay marriage case
- What all the snow and ice will mean for Great Lakes water levels
Politics & Government
Thu January 30, 2014
Gov. Snyder will formally launch his reelection campaign next week
Governor Rick Snyder will formally launch his reelection bid Sunday with a Super Bowl TV ad, followed by a six-stop announcement tour on Monday and Tuesday of next week.
The announcement is no surprise.
The Republican governor has made clear for quite some time his intentions to seek a second four-year term.
The governor could make some mention of his plans Friday afternoon when he addresses the Michigan Press Association.
His likely Democratic opponent on the November ballot is former congressman Mark Schauer.