Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- An MSU physicist believes he has solved the "black hole information paradox"
- What you can do to help Michigan's bats
- This is doing more damage to Detroit than a hundred drug murders could have
- Biologists expect the worst for Michigan's bat population
- Join the Great Michigan Read story-writing contest
Thu December 9, 2010
Governor-elect touts nerd cred to accountants
Governor-elect Rick Snyder told a crowd in Detroit today that Michigan will beat analysts’ economic growth expectations in the coming years.
Snyder says the investment firm Moody’s ranked each state for projected job growth. He described what he saw when he opened the folder for Michigan.
"The first number from 2009 to 2011 was 47," Snyder said. "The number from 2009 to 2014 was 50."
But the governor-elect called those projections "a piece of fiction."
"We’re going to beat the living daylights out of that number."
Snyder added that he plans to use his background as a CPA to put Michigan’s finances in order.