Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Former Detroit broadcaster was inspiration for 'Ron Burgundy'
- Do you live in a 'Super ZIP?' Here are Michigan's top 5 wealthiest ZIP codes
- Muskegon is home to America's tallest, singing Christmas tree
- Pressure builds on Michigan Football as Athletic Department's budget grows
- This is what it sounds like inside Michigan's largest wind farm
Thu December 9, 2010
Governor-elect touts nerd cred to accountants
Governor-elect Rick Snyder told a crowd in Detroit today that Michigan will beat analysts’ economic growth expectations in the coming years.
Snyder says the investment firm Moody’s ranked each state for projected job growth. He described what he saw when he opened the folder for Michigan.
"The first number from 2009 to 2011 was 47," Snyder said. "The number from 2009 to 2014 was 50."
But the governor-elect called those projections "a piece of fiction."
"We’re going to beat the living daylights out of that number."
Snyder added that he plans to use his background as a CPA to put Michigan’s finances in order.