Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- "A sad day" for Michigan bats: White-nose syndrome found in 3 counties
- This is doing more damage to Detroit than a hundred drug murders could have
- Power shift at Kendall College causing a stir
- This is what it sounds like when a neighborhood church closes
- Yo Yo Ma playing with Detroit kids might make your heart melt
Thu March 31, 2011
Governor Snyder denies making choice to replace Detroit Public Schools emergency financial manager
Governor Snyder insists he has not chosen a replacement for Detroit Public Schools Emergency Financial Manager Robert Bobb. Bobb’s contract to oversee Detroit’s troubled school district expires in June. A Detroit TV station reported Snyder had made his choice to replace Bobb. But the governor insists he has not.
"We’re still looking at candidates, both locally and nationally, and we’re going through that process. My preference would be to find somebody from southeastern Michigan that has the right skill sets and such.”
The Detroit Public School District is hundreds of millions of dollars in the red and its latest MEAP test scores were mixed.