Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- The Detroit Free Press endorsement shows our system of government is broken
- Scientists are looking for "survivor trees" in Michigan, and they want your help
- 8 Mile Road is eight miles from where?
- Snyder and Schauer both wrong; potential revenue lost to schools is a billion dollars a year
- Here's why so few people get flu shots
Mon August 19, 2013
Governor Snyder's NERD fund is seeing a sharp decrease in contributions
Donations to Governor Snyder’s civic fund decreased last year by a lot. The 501(c)4 known as The New Energy to Reinvent and Diversity Fund – or “NERD Fund” for short – received $1.3 million in 2011, but in 2012 , the number was $368,000.
Jonathan Oosting is with MLive.com. He reports, “the NERD fund earns tax-exempt status by purporting to 'promote charitable causes including lessening the financial burdens of government in the state of Michigan.'”
Oosting joined us today.
Listen to the full interview above.
Politics & Government