Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- "Tea Party thinking" is causing serious damage and threatens to cause much more
- Metro Detroit slammed by historic rainfall, flooding
- Michigan's infrastructure crumbling as lawmakers work to take away your vote on wolves
- How a Potawatomi tribe lost its culture and what it takes to bring it back
- Giving kids a better education matters; our future is doomed if we don't
Mon June 4, 2012
Grading Michigan Schools
In 2008 Michigan Radio's "Grading Michigan Schools" is a multi-part series that takes an in-depth look at education in Michigan. We hear why one college student feels let down by the public school system in the state. We find out about "unschooling," an education philosophy that abandons textbooks and a curriculum. We also look at how the public school system is serving at-risk students through education for the very young and early intervention for kids with special education needs.
"Grading Michigan Schools" won a 2008 Clarion Award from Women in Communications.