Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- An MSU physicist believes he has solved the "black hole information paradox"
- "A sad day" for Michigan bats: White-nose syndrome found in 3 counties
- This is doing more damage to Detroit than a hundred drug murders could have
- Biologists expect the worst for Michigan's bat population
- Power shift at Kendall College causing a stir
Fri August 12, 2011
Grand Rapids all excited about “30 Minutes or Less”
This weekend “30 Minutes or Less” comes out in theaters. I’ve heard a lot of people talking about it in Grand Rapids this week; a few are hosting movie parties. The pizza place where the main character works in the film, is giving people $5 off their order if they present a movie stub. I admit, I spent some time at work today playing the little internet pizza delivery game on the movie's page.
The movie was filmed entirely in Grand Rapids, with one exception, the bank robbery scenes were shot at an abandoned bank in Ludington. If you’re familiar with Grand Rapids, you’ll definitely recognize the city. Even if you don’t it’s hard to miss the Grand Rapids Police cars that we’re mocked up for the film.
The film was produced by Ben Stiller. It stars Jesse Eisenberg, Aziz Ansari, Danny McBride and Nick Swardson.
It has caused some controversy because the movie’s premise of a pizza delivery man being strapped with a bomb and forced to rob a bank – is much like an actual incident that took place in Pennsylvania in 2003. Except in the real life incident the pizza delivery man died.
Michigan Film incentives
Michigan Film Incentives