Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- 8 Mile Road is eight miles from where?
- Sure, there were pirates in the Caribbean, but the Great Lakes had them too
- Some in Ann Arbor have "cultural" concerns about annexing Whitmore Lake
- Analyzing Sunday's debate between Governor Rick Snyder and Democratic challenger, Mark Schauer
- Has public education funding gone up or down under Gov. Snyder's watch?
Wed April 24, 2013
Grand Rapids experiences phenomenal job growth
For those who are searching for jobs, Grand Rapids might be an ideal location to begin your search.
2012 was a phenomenal year for the city in terms of job growth with the creation of nearly 13,000 jobs.
Forbes Magazine has put Grand Rapids at number four on its list of the ten best cities to find a job.
Just to give you some context, Bethesda Maryland, Austin Texas, and Jacksonville Florida, are ranked one, two and three.
George Erickeck from W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research tells us what's behind this and what it means.
You can listen to the full interview above.