OpinionMore 'dark money' will influence politics in Michigan if Snyder doesn't veto
The Environment ReportGo lake trout! Native fish overcome seemingly ‘insurmountable’ challenges in Lake Huron
Politics & GovernmentIn his farewell speech Bing says, 'I will remain involved in Detroit's transformation'
Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Former Detroit broadcaster was inspiration for 'Ron Burgundy'
- Muskegon is home to America's tallest, singing Christmas tree
- Pressure builds on Michigan Football as Athletic Department's budget grows
- Why this 20 year old is getting a mastectomy, and why she's not alone
- Michigan Republican party fails to address Dave Agema's bigotry and hatred
Wed April 24, 2013
Grand Rapids experiences phenomenal job growth
For those who are searching for jobs, Grand Rapids might be an ideal location to begin your search.
2012 was a phenomenal year for the city in terms of job growth with the creation of nearly 13,000 jobs.
Forbes Magazine has put Grand Rapids at number four on its list of the ten best cities to find a job.
Just to give you some context, Bethesda Maryland, Austin Texas, and Jacksonville Florida, are ranked one, two and three.
George Erickeck from W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research tells us what's behind this and what it means.
You can listen to the full interview above.