Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Don't like the water shut-offs in Detroit? Now you can pay someone's overdue water bill
- Proposal 1 asks Michigan voters to weigh in on a complex tax issue
- Approaching construction on the highway? Experts say the "zipper merge" can help
- These three female candidates could be some of the most interesting leaders in Michigan
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
Wed April 24, 2013
Grand Rapids experiences phenomenal job growth
For those who are searching for jobs, Grand Rapids might be an ideal location to begin your search.
2012 was a phenomenal year for the city in terms of job growth with the creation of nearly 13,000 jobs.
Forbes Magazine has put Grand Rapids at number four on its list of the ten best cities to find a job.
Just to give you some context, Bethesda Maryland, Austin Texas, and Jacksonville Florida, are ranked one, two and three.
George Erickeck from W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research tells us what's behind this and what it means.
You can listen to the full interview above.