Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- No, Chinese investors aren't 'buying up Detroit' – but they do have an eye on the Motor City
- The average Michigan family needs $52,330 a year to 'make ends meet'
- If Arizona's bill to discriminate surprises you, you won't believe what's legal in Michigan
- What all the snow and ice will mean for Great Lakes water levels
- Here are our 10 favorite photos of what your winter looks like
Wed April 24, 2013
Grand Rapids experiences phenomenal job growth
For those who are searching for jobs, Grand Rapids might be an ideal location to begin your search.
2012 was a phenomenal year for the city in terms of job growth with the creation of nearly 13,000 jobs.
Forbes Magazine has put Grand Rapids at number four on its list of the ten best cities to find a job.
Just to give you some context, Bethesda Maryland, Austin Texas, and Jacksonville Florida, are ranked one, two and three.
George Erickeck from W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research tells us what's behind this and what it means.
You can listen to the full interview above.