Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Take it from this "Trustafarian," these judgy maps are meant to make us laugh
- Green goo growing in Lake Erie is not what you think it is
- The new right-to-farm requirements and backyard animals
- Lawmakers vote to allow wolf hunts in UP
- Workers in Minnesota see wage gains, while workers in Michigan see steady wage losses
Thu August 26, 2010
Granholm appoints new Supreme Court Judge
(Kathy Barks Hoffman - AP)
Governor Granholm named Appeals Court Judge Alton Thomas Davis to the Michigan Supreme Court. The move comes the same day that Justice Elizabeth Weaver resigned.
Weaver had been unlikely to get the Republican nomination for a third term and planned to run as an independent, but she resigned Thursday on the condition that the governor appoint a northern Michigan judge to replace her.
The appointment doesn't require the approval of the state Legislature.
Granholm appointed Davis to the Appeals Court in 2005.