Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Former Detroit broadcaster was inspiration for 'Ron Burgundy'
- Do you live in a 'Super ZIP?' Here are Michigan's top 5 wealthiest ZIP codes
- Muskegon is home to America's tallest, singing Christmas tree
- Pressure builds on Michigan Football as Athletic Department's budget grows
- This is what it sounds like inside Michigan's largest wind farm
Thu August 26, 2010
Granholm appoints new Supreme Court Judge
(Kathy Barks Hoffman - AP)
Governor Granholm named Appeals Court Judge Alton Thomas Davis to the Michigan Supreme Court. The move comes the same day that Justice Elizabeth Weaver resigned.
Weaver had been unlikely to get the Republican nomination for a third term and planned to run as an independent, but she resigned Thursday on the condition that the governor appoint a northern Michigan judge to replace her.
The appointment doesn't require the approval of the state Legislature.
Granholm appointed Davis to the Appeals Court in 2005.