Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- An MSU physicist believes he has solved the "black hole information paradox"
- What you can do to help Michigan's bats
- This is doing more damage to Detroit than a hundred drug murders could have
- Biologists expect the worst for Michigan's bat population
- Join the Great Michigan Read story-writing contest
Thu August 26, 2010
Granholm appoints new Supreme Court Judge
(Kathy Barks Hoffman - AP)
Governor Granholm named Appeals Court Judge Alton Thomas Davis to the Michigan Supreme Court. The move comes the same day that Justice Elizabeth Weaver resigned.
Weaver had been unlikely to get the Republican nomination for a third term and planned to run as an independent, but she resigned Thursday on the condition that the governor appoint a northern Michigan judge to replace her.
The appointment doesn't require the approval of the state Legislature.
Granholm appointed Davis to the Appeals Court in 2005.