Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- An MSU physicist believes he has solved the "black hole information paradox"
- What you can do to help Michigan's bats
- This is doing more damage to Detroit than a hundred drug murders could have
- Biologists expect the worst for Michigan's bat population
- Join the Great Michigan Read story-writing contest
Tue December 21, 2010
Granholm: Dinner with Snyder's family 'very nice'
Governor Granholm and her family had dinner last night with Governor-elect Rick Snyder and his family. Both the current and incoming Governors have three children each and, according to Governor Granholm, the families talked about what it is like to be part of a family that's in the spotlight. Granholm said:
We had a very pleasant dinner... their [Snyder's] kids are similar ages to our kids... it was really a very personal conversation about what it's like living in the Governor's family... and how you react to people approaching you as a result of that... what it's like to have security detail... what it's like to have a place on Mackinac Island... that kind of stuff, it was very nice.
Governor-elect Snyder takes the oath of office on January 1st, 2011. Granholm says she won't talk about what she will do once her term is up until early next year.
Granholm spoke this morning with Michigan Radio's Christina Shockley. You can hear the full interview tomorrow morning on Morning Edition.