Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- There's a tick boom in Michigan - Here are 5 things you should know
- Students aren’t leaving Michigan football - Michigan football is leaving them
- The 6 most dangerous neighborhoods in Michigan
- The 15 Michigan schools running the biggest deficits
- You need to see these photos of the pet coke piles in Detroit
Tue December 21, 2010
Granholm: Dinner with Snyder's family 'very nice'
Governor Granholm and her family had dinner last night with Governor-elect Rick Snyder and his family. Both the current and incoming Governors have three children each and, according to Governor Granholm, the families talked about what it is like to be part of a family that's in the spotlight. Granholm said:
We had a very pleasant dinner... their [Snyder's] kids are similar ages to our kids... it was really a very personal conversation about what it's like living in the Governor's family... and how you react to people approaching you as a result of that... what it's like to have security detail... what it's like to have a place on Mackinac Island... that kind of stuff, it was very nice.
Governor-elect Snyder takes the oath of office on January 1st, 2011. Granholm says she won't talk about what she will do once her term is up until early next year.
Granholm spoke this morning with Michigan Radio's Christina Shockley. You can hear the full interview tomorrow morning on Morning Edition.