Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- No, Chinese investors aren't 'buying up Detroit' – but they do have an eye on the Motor City
- The average Michigan family needs $52,330 a year to 'make ends meet'
- Here are our 10 favorite photos of what your winter looks like
- Michigan's Attorney General is risking his political future over the gay marriage case
- Join Michigan Radio for Issues & Ale: Closing the digital divide in education
Wed September 15, 2010
Granholm to meet "Asian Carp Czar"
Governor Granholm is part of a delegation from the Great Lakes region that is meeting today with officials from the Obama administration. They're meeting in D.C. to discuss how to keep the invasive Asian Carp out of the Great Lakes.
The meeting also includes Governor Ted Strickland of Ohio and John Goss, the White House's newly appointed "Asian Carp Czar."
Officials from the Army Corps of Engineers and other federal agencies will also attend.