Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Bill to pull the plug on telephone landlines clears Michigan Legislature
- How one Michigan church is changing its views on gay marriage
- Records may fall with the snow this week in Michigan
- This supplemental bill gravely endangers infant health and Michigan's future
- Veteran treasure hunter solves the last 'Wyoming Riddle'
Tue April 24, 2012
Great Lakes inspired shoe, Nike's "Petoskey Stone" Dunk Low
Nike worked with the Grand Rapids-based skateboarding shop Premier to create the shoe style.
The Petoskey stone inspired shoes will go on sale at Premier on April 28 with a price of $104.
Here's more, appropriately, from the Petoskey News:
To pay tribute to the store's Great Lakes roots, the leather of the blue and gray shoe is embossed with Petoskey stones and will feature a tote bag with a Petoskey stone print.
"We decided to do something a little more in-depth than the state colors or theme colors. We wanted to take different elements from the landscape and nature side of the state," said Premier co-owner Eric Blanding. "The Petoskey stone had a different print on it that we've always thought would look cool on a shoe."
Premier has worked on several other store-exclusive shoes in the past. Blanding said from design to the rack the entire shoe creation process can take up to a year and a half.
You can see more images of the shoe here at "Kicks on Fire."