Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- 8 Mile Road is eight miles from where?
- Sure, there were pirates in the Caribbean, but the Great Lakes had them too
- Some in Ann Arbor have "cultural" concerns about annexing Whitmore Lake
- Analyzing Sunday's debate between Governor Rick Snyder and Democratic challenger, Mark Schauer
- Has public education funding gone up or down under Gov. Snyder's watch?
Thu June 5, 2014
Green Party of Michigan holds election this weekend
It might be fair to say the Green Party in Michigan is a little like Rodney Dangerfield: Can't get no respect.
But the party is holding its nominating convention this weekend. It's a reminder that we do have an alternative to the Democrat and Republican parties in the state.
Fred Vitale, chairperson for the Green Party of Michigan, joined us on Stateside today.
He explained what the Green Party platform is based on and how issues such as ecological wisdom and social justice should be the focus for the upcoming election season.
Vitale also talked about how the Green Party can realistically have an impact on politics in Michigan.
*Listen to the full interview above.