Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Don't like the water shut-offs in Detroit? Now you can pay someone's overdue water bill
- Approaching construction on the highway? Experts say the "zipper merge" can help
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
- Proposal 1 asks Michigan voters to weigh in on a complex tax issue
- These three female candidates could be some of the most interesting leaders in Michigan
Wed May 11, 2011
Group begins effort to recall state Speaker of the House
A group trying to recall Governor Rick Snyder is now trying to remove Michigan House Speaker Jase Bolger. The Associated Press reports:
The group cites Bolger's support for cutting school aid and for legislation making it easier to void public employee contracts during financial emergencies.
The Committee to Recall Rick Snyder says it hopes to collect 8,500 signatures to put Bolger's recall on the November ballot.
Language on a petition to recall the Marshall lawmaker was submitted Tuesday to the Calhoun County clerk.
Bolger says he'll keep focusing on job creation and sound fiscal management and says he's in touch with voters.
Chief Deputy Clerk Teri Loew tells the Battle Creek Enquirer there'll be a hearing this month.
If the language passes muster, backers will have 180 days to collect signatures.