Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Former Detroit broadcaster was inspiration for 'Ron Burgundy'
- Pressure builds on Michigan Football as Athletic Department's budget grows
- Muskegon is home to America's tallest, singing Christmas tree
- Do you live in a 'Super ZIP?' Here are Michigan's top 5 wealthiest ZIP codes
- Tribal sovereignty at issue in US Supreme Court case out of Michigan
Thu June 20, 2013
Has summer become too organized for kids?
There's a new traffic jam each morning at the end of my street. It began the week after school let out. It starts around 8:30 each morning: the stream of mini-vans and SUV's waiting to turn into the parking lot of a church to drop the kids off at summer day camp.
It's a scene being repeated all over Michigan. Kids being taken to one organized activity or another, from computer camp to theater camp to summer club swim meets, you get the idea.
Michigan Radio Sports Commentator John U. Bacon has a question: what ever happened to good old fashioned playing?
Listen to the full interview above.