Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- An MSU physicist believes he has solved the "black hole information paradox"
- What you can do to help Michigan's bats
- "A sad day" for Michigan bats: White-nose syndrome found in 3 counties
- This is doing more damage to Detroit than a hundred drug murders could have
- Biologists expect the worst for Michigan's bat population
Environment & Science
Mon July 15, 2013
Heat advisories issued for much of the Lower Peninsula
The National Weather Service issued a heat advisory warning for over 50 counties in Michigan beginning Tuesday, July 16 at noon and running through Wednesday, July 17 until midnight.
Heat indices predict temperatures could reach nearly 100-102 degrees between 1 and 6 pm both days in some counties.
The NWS suggests taking the following precautions:
- Drink plenty of water
- Stay out of the sun
- If possible, stay in an air-conditioned building
- Don't leave children or pets unattended in vehicles under any circumstances
- Reschedule strenuous activity for the early morning or in the evening
- Wear loose or light clothing