Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
- What explains Michigan's large Arab American community?
- Some think their immigrant ancestors were the last that should be allowed in the U.S.
- Michigan Republican Party's tactics remind me of Watergate, because both were unnecessary
- Michigan's campaign for governor gets weird as Republicans deploy spyglasses
Sat October 8, 2011
History of Amtrak rolling into Jackson this weekend
Jackson will be the place to be this weekend for Amtrak aficionados.
Christina Leeds is an Amtrak spokeswoman. She says passionate lovers of all things Amtrak have been flocking to the rolling exhibit’s previous stops around the country.
“We get lots of Amtrak enthusiasts…but also just rail enthusiasts to look at how Amtrak has changed over the past 40 years," says Leeds.
The exhibit features examples of Amtrak paraphernalia like uniforms, old dining car menus and old train horns.
Jackson is the only stop Amtrak’s anniversary train will be making in Michigan.