OpinionMore 'dark money' will influence politics in Michigan if Snyder doesn't veto
The Environment ReportGo lake trout! Native fish overcome seemingly ‘insurmountable’ challenges in Lake Huron
Politics & GovernmentIn his farewell speech Bing says, 'I will remain involved in Detroit's transformation'
Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Former Detroit broadcaster was inspiration for 'Ron Burgundy'
- Muskegon is home to America's tallest, singing Christmas tree
- Pressure builds on Michigan Football as Athletic Department's budget grows
- Why this 20 year old is getting a mastectomy, and why she's not alone
- Michigan Republican party fails to address Dave Agema's bigotry and hatred
Sat October 8, 2011
History of Amtrak rolling into Jackson this weekend
Jackson will be the place to be this weekend for Amtrak aficionados.
Christina Leeds is an Amtrak spokeswoman. She says passionate lovers of all things Amtrak have been flocking to the rolling exhibit’s previous stops around the country.
“We get lots of Amtrak enthusiasts…but also just rail enthusiasts to look at how Amtrak has changed over the past 40 years," says Leeds.
The exhibit features examples of Amtrak paraphernalia like uniforms, old dining car menus and old train horns.
Jackson is the only stop Amtrak’s anniversary train will be making in Michigan.