Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- No, Chinese investors aren't 'buying up Detroit' – but they do have an eye on the Motor City
- The average Michigan family needs $52,330 a year to 'make ends meet'
- Here are our 10 favorite photos of what your winter looks like
- What all the snow and ice will mean for Great Lakes water levels
- Michigan's Attorney General is risking his political future over the gay marriage case
Sat October 8, 2011
History of Amtrak rolling into Jackson this weekend
Jackson will be the place to be this weekend for Amtrak aficionados.
Christina Leeds is an Amtrak spokeswoman. She says passionate lovers of all things Amtrak have been flocking to the rolling exhibit’s previous stops around the country.
“We get lots of Amtrak enthusiasts…but also just rail enthusiasts to look at how Amtrak has changed over the past 40 years," says Leeds.
The exhibit features examples of Amtrak paraphernalia like uniforms, old dining car menus and old train horns.
Jackson is the only stop Amtrak’s anniversary train will be making in Michigan.