Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- An MSU physicist believes he has solved the "black hole information paradox"
- "A sad day" for Michigan bats: White-nose syndrome found in 3 counties
- This is doing more damage to Detroit than a hundred drug murders could have
- Biologists expect the worst for Michigan's bat population
- Power shift at Kendall College causing a stir
Sat October 8, 2011
History of Amtrak rolling into Jackson this weekend
Jackson will be the place to be this weekend for Amtrak aficionados.
Christina Leeds is an Amtrak spokeswoman. She says passionate lovers of all things Amtrak have been flocking to the rolling exhibit’s previous stops around the country.
“We get lots of Amtrak enthusiasts…but also just rail enthusiasts to look at how Amtrak has changed over the past 40 years," says Leeds.
The exhibit features examples of Amtrak paraphernalia like uniforms, old dining car menus and old train horns.
Jackson is the only stop Amtrak’s anniversary train will be making in Michigan.