Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- No, Chinese investors aren't 'buying up Detroit' – but they do have an eye on the Motor City
- The average Michigan family needs $52,330 a year to 'make ends meet'
- Here are our 10 favorite photos of what your winter looks like
- Michigan's Attorney General is risking his political future over the gay marriage case
- Join Michigan Radio for Issues & Ale: Closing the digital divide in education
Tue January 7, 2014
Homeless shelter in Ann Arbor expands warming options
The weather and temperatures in Michigan, and across the country, have been particularly brutal in recent days. Wind chill readings have dropped to 30 degrees below zero in some places. Some Michiganders are facing this weather without shelter.
We’re joined now by Ellen Schulmeister, the executive director of the Shelter Association of Washtenaw County.