Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Former Detroit broadcaster was inspiration for 'Ron Burgundy'
- Muskegon is home to America's tallest, singing Christmas tree
- Pressure builds on Michigan Football as Athletic Department's budget grows
- Why this 20 year old is getting a mastectomy, and why she's not alone
- Tribal sovereignty at issue in US Supreme Court case out of Michigan
Thu March 17, 2011
Honda to recall Civics from 2011
The Detroit News reports that Honda will recall 2011 model year Civics for possible problems in rollover accidents. From the News:
Honda said the recall...is to inspect and replace a part that could fail to prevent fuel from leaking out of the fuel tank and into the evaporative emissions canister in a rollover.
The fuel pump module is equipped with a rollover valve but because of improper welding of the plastic case, it may break or crack, Honda said.
Left Lane News says that no problems with the defect have been reported thus far:
The automaker says that no crashes or injuries have been reported as a result of the faulty valve. A mere 1 percent of all 2011 models are likely to be affected, but Honda says it will recall a wide range of vehicles.
Of the recalled cars, 18,000 are in the United States and around 3,000 are in Canada. The recall affects vehicles built in Indiana, Ohio and Ontario.
Left Lane News says Civic owners should receive a notice in the mail in the middle of next month.