Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Budget deficit forcing school officials to close Albion High School
- The top 10 high schools in Michigan (according to two magazines)
- You have to see this stunning video of Michigan's Northern Lights
- Are people in Ironwood really afraid of wolves? (part 2)
- The 15 Michigan schools running the biggest deficits
Mon October 1, 2012
Honda recalling 572,000 Accords
Honda is recalling around 572,000 Accord midsize cars in the U.S. to fix a defective power steering hose that can leak fluid and catch fire.
The recall affects Accords from the 2003 through 2007 model years that are equipped with V-6 engines.
Honda says one fire was reported but no injuries.
American Honda has expanded a May 2012 power steering hose recall to additionally include approximately 572,000 model-year 2003-2007 Accord V6 vehicles in the United States.
Over time, exposure to high under-hood and power steering fluid temperatures may cause the power steering hose to deteriorate and develop a fluid leak.
Leaking power steering fluid could lead to loss of power steering assistance or, if it leaks onto a catalytic converter, it may result in smoke, or in the worst case, fire. No crashes or injuries have been reported related to this issue, but one engine fire has been reported.
With this expansion, the recall now includes 2003-2007 Accord V6 models in addition to the originally recalled 2007-2008 Acura TL models.