Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Don't like the water shut-offs in Detroit? Now you can pay someone's overdue water bill
- Approaching construction on the highway? Experts say the "zipper merge" can help
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
- These three female candidates could be some of the most interesting leaders in Michigan
- Re-thinking creativity's role in education
Sat June 14, 2014
House speaker's dad to join Western Michigan University board
KALAMAZOO, Mich. (AP) - Gov. Rick Snyder has appointed House Speaker Jase Bolger's father to serve on the Western Michigan University Board of Trustees.
James Bolger is a retired Michigan State Police official who lives in Whitehall. The Kalamazoo Gazette says he'll fill the seat vacated when Trustee Michelle Crumm resigned.
Bolger will complete Crumm's eight-year term, which ends on Dec. 31, 2020.
Bolger earned a master's degree in public administration from Western Michigan.
Snyder said in a statement Friday that Bolger "will bring a unique and needed perspective to the board."
The Detroit News says Jase Bolger also attended the Kalamazoo school.
Arts & Culture