Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
- What explains Michigan's large Arab American community?
- Some think their immigrant ancestors were the last that should be allowed in the U.S.
- Michigan Republican Party's tactics remind me of Watergate, because both were unnecessary
- Michigan's campaign for governor gets weird as Republicans deploy spyglasses
Sat June 14, 2014
House speaker's dad to join Western Michigan University board
KALAMAZOO, Mich. (AP) - Gov. Rick Snyder has appointed House Speaker Jase Bolger's father to serve on the Western Michigan University Board of Trustees.
James Bolger is a retired Michigan State Police official who lives in Whitehall. The Kalamazoo Gazette says he'll fill the seat vacated when Trustee Michelle Crumm resigned.
Bolger will complete Crumm's eight-year term, which ends on Dec. 31, 2020.
Bolger earned a master's degree in public administration from Western Michigan.
Snyder said in a statement Friday that Bolger "will bring a unique and needed perspective to the board."
The Detroit News says Jase Bolger also attended the Kalamazoo school.
Arts & Culture