Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Michigan Athletic Department embarrasses while trying to fill seats
- Honeybees collaborate with Kalamazoo artist on ArtPrize exhibit
- Who is Mark Schauer, really?
- Does the UAW's victory in Indiana signal the end of the two-tier wage system?
- Truth Squad rules "flagrant foul" on teachers' union ad, warns Snyder campaign
Sat June 14, 2014
House speaker's dad to join Western Michigan University board
KALAMAZOO, Mich. (AP) - Gov. Rick Snyder has appointed House Speaker Jase Bolger's father to serve on the Western Michigan University Board of Trustees.
James Bolger is a retired Michigan State Police official who lives in Whitehall. The Kalamazoo Gazette says he'll fill the seat vacated when Trustee Michelle Crumm resigned.
Bolger will complete Crumm's eight-year term, which ends on Dec. 31, 2020.
Bolger earned a master's degree in public administration from Western Michigan.
Snyder said in a statement Friday that Bolger "will bring a unique and needed perspective to the board."
The Detroit News says Jase Bolger also attended the Kalamazoo school.
Arts & Culture