Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
- Don't like the water shut-offs in Detroit? Now you can pay someone's overdue water bill
- Approaching construction on the highway? Experts say the "zipper merge" can help
- Some think their immigrant ancestors were the last that should be allowed in the U.S.
- Michigan Republican Party's tactics remind me of Watergate, because both were unnecessary
Mon January 20, 2014
How the $1 trillion federal budget deal might help Michigan
What a difference three months makes.
After the knock-down, drag-out budget debacle that shut the government down in October, here we are in January. And, perhaps goaded by the furious reaction of most Americans to last fall’s budget showdown, last week saw both chambers of Congress quietly and meekly passing a $1 trillion federal budget deal.
Detroit Free Press Washington reporter Todd Spangler joined us today to talk about this deal.